We admit that it’s a bit hard to remember our name. We are the “Réunion des musées nationaux – Grand Palais”, or “Rmn-GP” for short. The name might seem complicated but, to put it simply, we are a new public cultural establishment that reports to the Minister for Culture and Communication. The Rmn-GP was set up in 2011 following the merger between the Réunion des musées nationaux and the Grand Palais, hence our name.
So now that we have introduced ourselves, we will explain what we do.
Every year the work of the Rmn-GP involves:
- 2.5 million visitors to all our exhibitions
- 40 events in the Grand Palais
- 20 exhibitions organized all over France
- 19,000 school pupils on visits to the Grand Palais
- 100 new publications
- 13.5 million hits on 14 websites
- 110 guest speakers
- 43 museum shops
- 10,000 products – pictures, jewellery, gifts and replicas
- 600,000 online images on the photo agency site
- €20 million spent on acquisitions